Return to: Renosil Projects
Cape Hatteras Principal Lighthouse Keeper’s House
Located in Buxton, North Carolina, the Principal Keeper’s dwelling was constructed in 1871 using surplus bricks from the construction of the lighthouse. This served as the primary residence of the lighthouse keeper until 1932 and in 1936 ownership was transferred to the National Parks Service. In 1999, the house, along with other light station structures, was moved approximately a half mile due to seacoast erosion.
During the latest exterior renovations in 2018, BEECK Renosil, in Coarse followed by Fine, was used as a durable and breathable mineral paint on all the brick facades, assuring this historic landmark will be protected for decades to come.
Product(s) used: BEECK Renosil